If you have a green thumb, don't have a problem dividing and planting  and can grow perennials effortlessly this post is NOT for you ( but you can read along anyways).
It's for everyone else, and you know who you are
Don't be ashamed, I use to be just like you. I had no idea what a  Day Lily was. I had no idea that a few plants could spread and naturalize like this over time along my pathway
or if I dug up the plant every few years and divided them, I could get this along a retaining wall
Imagine my shock when I realized how pretty the Stella d'Oro Daylilies would look as a border in my front yard landcape
 Or as a filler in my garden
 
Or around the pond in the backyard
 But the biggest shock of all was when I realized I could cut these effortless, easy to grow, no maintenance daylilies and use them in flower arrangements from Spring to Fall
 Don't be embarrassed or ashamed by not knowing any of this, remember I use to be one of you too! The biggest mistake you could make though, is not heading out to your garden center today to buy a few plants or better yet, asking a friend if you could dig up a few plants  and creating your own lily gardens.
 Have a great weekend!
FYI- Typically I post my Weekly Wow's on Sundays but now that summer is here and I want more lazy days and fun times with the kids , I will be moving my weekly wow's to a monthly series instead.

Sharing With:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top